Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Break for Breakfast

Nothing sets the tone for the day quite like breakfast. 

I discovered just how true this was when I was 3 weeks postpartum. I was desperately trying not to hit a wall of depression. I was struggling to establish a nursing relationship with my little Olive and I was not taking the time to heal myself physically or mentally. With the support of my new friends from my birth class, I had a wake up call: I can't take care of a baby if I can't take care of myself. So, I started with something simple....breakfast. 

All throughout my pregnancy I craved pancakes, scratch that, all breakfast food. Pancakes, waffles, bagels, fruit parfait, whathaveyou. It became a ritual for me to make myself a deluxe breakfast every morning to start the day off right. Why shouldn't I continue that? So now, most of my mornings begin with something delicious and hearty and I feel invigorated for the rest of the day. I just feel content. 

Today is a very gray, rainy day so I've prepared something extra special and paired it with the perfect music. 



  The Mamas and the Papas' "Dream a Little Dream of Me"

Mini waffle Nutella sandwiches
The most heavenly spread in all the world.



 Kermit's  "The Rainbow Connection"
Thin Mint Green Tea (loose leaf)

No comments:

Post a Comment